Saturday, November 8, 2008

Duos centum

Well, looky here: in less than a year of blogging, I've reached the 200th post mark. Woo-hoo! I never envisioned how addicted to blogging I would become back when I started this in March, but look at me now - clearly in need of a 12 step program! I've tried to tame my obsession with checking my stats meters not quite as often as I used to, but I still pore over them at least once daily, and I confess that I feel a twinge of jealousy whenever I visit someone's (invariably more clever and chic and witty) blog and see they have more followers than I. I probably should mention those leopard-printed dealers known as SITS who feed my comment need, too - it is in large part due to their site that I have a line of dust bunnies doing the conga under my bed and a mountain of laundry (clean and folded, but not put away) on top of my dresser that is dangerously close to needing an airspace permit...

Looking back at the 199 entries I've written here, there are some recurring themes. I'm a mommy, so there are a good number of Kiddo-related posts, including several about the issues that go along with having a child with special needs (in Kiddo's case, Sensory Processing Disorder) in the public school system, as well as tales of more general mommy woe. There are also non-school related frustrations, like my issues with gym locker rooms, and of course the most navel-gazing posts of all, focusing on my hair and the growing out thereof.

I've also shared my most embarrassing moments with you, my friends in the blogosphere and also every pervy weirdo who does a search using the words nudity, boobs, public, embarrassment, bathing suit and adult. Yes, combinations of those search terms top the list of Google searches that bring a certain element to my page. (To those folks, I extend my apologies for the invariable disappointment you must feel upon stumbling upon my corner of the internet, for talking about my resemblance to a certain great, white whale isn't exactly what you were looking for when you clicked on my link, were you...) Of course, retyping those words has now no doubt boosted me back up to the top of the search engine results anew...

I've rambled on at length here about various subjects, from my crush on George Clooney to my love of gardening (but hatred of the voles), books (as I'm an avowed bookworm), movies, television and music. Heck, I've even talked about the weather - more than once! I've shared the occasional recipe, given vacation reports and talked about my various things and neuroses. I've confessed to being a child of the 80s (and with pride!) I've talked about adoption a few times, family and parenting more often (including how conservative I seem to be as a mom) and rambled about life in general. I think "rambling" would be the key to this blog of mine...

And yet, I was stuck, wondering what to do for the big 200th post. Total blogger's block. I did the 100 things about me for my 100th and I don't think I could come up with an additional 100, much less 200. I decided I'd just reflect back on these past months of blogging and give myself a bloggy makeover too. For this makeover (budget: $0), I went the DIY route, wanting something simpler and more unique to me - can't get more unique than DIY! Alas, while messing about with the template HTML, I managed to delete my little footprints favicon, and I've tried several different things to replace it, all to no avail. I'm totally bummed that I'm now stuck with the Blogger Orange B again instead of those cute, little feet. Other than that one snafu, I am pretty pleased with the overall look at this point. It's not too flashy, but I was feeling like being a bit more understated so there ya go. (And by the by, those teeny footprints? They're scaled-down versions of Kiddo's footprints, taken when she was a newborn in the NICU.)

There I sat at my computer, staring at the screen, wondering what to do for this momentous post, and ultimately? I procrastinated. I'm great at procrastination. I played Wordscraper and Scramble over on Facebook. I blogsurfed and blogsurfed and blogsurfed some more. When it began feeling like I really needed to get to work, I diverted myself with my ongoing quest to turn a picture of our crazy cat into a Lolcat for I Can Has Cheezburger? which is a site that never fails to make me, well, LOL. Over the past several months, I've taken many a photo of the crazy cat, all with the intention of capturing something Lolcat-worthy. I've tempted her with treats, dangled bits of string and toys in front of her (the invisible cat pics are some of the funniest to me), had Kiddo chase her around the house, anything I could think of to garner a good Lolcat picture.

So, while procrastinating, I went through the vast Crazy Cat Picture archives (not quite enough to rival my Kiddo pictures, but definitely more pictures than the average person should have of their cat) and came up with the top photos that might make a good Lolcat entry. I lined 'em up on my screen and looked at them, waiting for the perfect caption to pop into my head. Whaddya know - instead of getting either the 200th post or my ultimate LOLcat picture done, I became doubly stuck. Finally, I decided that what I would do is put my picture options up here on this 200th post and throw it open to anyone out there, bloggy buddies or random pervy internet searchers to help me come up with a winning Lolcat caption.

Here, in no particular order, are the best contenders for making an official Lolcat out of our crazy kitty:

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

Whaddya think? Anyone have a brilliant lolspeak caption for one of these to help me realize one of my big dreams in life (admittedly, a somewhat smaller dream than my dreams of George Clooney - or Alan Rickman or Eddie Izzard..., being a seat-filler at the Oscars, winning the lottery or becoming a published writer).....?

27 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

WHAT the HECK, are you and Jennifer P the same people?? I have never met people before the two of you that have gotten the hots for Alan Rickman. Heck, I didn't even know his name until I started reading your blogs! Does he send out subliminal messages while he acts??

Now what else was this post about?? All I got going thru my mind is picturers of me whipping Alan!

Happy 200th

kristin said...

Hey, I started blogging about the same time as you. :-)
Okay, pic #1 "Veddy, veddy, eenteresting"
pic # 2 ::insert lip smacking sound::: "yummm"
pic# 3 "why do they call this downward dog?"

Esme said...

Picture No. 5: "You lookin' at me? YOU lookin' at ME?"

(in the best Al Pacino voice possible. He's no Alan Rickman, but he'll have to do.)

Carrie said...

I'm so tired, my wittiness has completely left me. I'll come back tomorrow and caption. zzzzzzzzzz.....

Cristin said...

I think Alan Rickman is hot too...

Kinda confused about the Lolcat... I don't like cats.

Smoochiefrog said...

When I'm on your main page, I see the feet favicon. On your comment page I don't. I think you fixed it just fine!

#5 is totally :I can haz lunch?"

Anna Lefler said...

Fabulous kitty photos and congrats on the 200th post! That's awesome!

I really enjoy your blog and your tweets...

Take care...

:^) Anna

Jennifer P. said...

There is actually a Facebook group to join called "I want Alan Rickman to Read me Bedtime Stories". You know I'm a member :)! I could watch that man's mouth move all day long!

Glad the Angels girl let me know about you---it's nice to know I"m not alone in my "sickness" (and trust me--if Alan Rickman is a sickness, I don't want the cure! HA! HA!)

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the big 200! I've enjoyed reading around here and I hope to read about the big 400 post in the future :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Congrats on your 200th! Wow. Love your posts, love your comments on mine!

WheresMyAngels said...

You people are so weird. Cristin, I'm disappointed in you girl!

Mimi said...

Just stopping by from SITS!

I saw the pic of the cat & the fish tank & thought, "Helloooo dinner."

Of course I can't type it the way it sounds in my head, so onscreen it really doesn't seem very funny. Such is life!

April said...

congrats on #200!!!! love the new look and best of luck with that missing favicon :-/

nikkicrumpet said...

First...I love Alan Rickman...he is a hottie! But I'm laughing over the Eddy Izzard...yeah he's funny...but I never thought of him in "that" way lol. I love the new look...very clean and simple...easy on the eyes. I am going to be of no help with the kitty pictures...dogs speak to me...cats not so much. I think they hate me and refuse to talk when I'm in the room. And lastly I am so impressed that you hit 200 posts...AMAZING.

Andy said...

Congrats on reaching 200 posts!!

Paige said...

Congrats on your 200th post!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 200th post! I still don't get lolspeak! But they are cute pics nonetheless! Thanks for coming by last week for my giftcard giveaway! Sorry you didn't win-I wish I could give one to everyone! I'm thinking on having another one in December! Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Happy 200!!! That's very exciting!!! And I love the recap of all the things you've blogged about.

I would try to come up with stuff for the kitty pictures but I haven't had any caffeine today and my head hurts.

Mammatalk said...

That must be a great feeling to have reached your 200th post. Now, that's an accomplishment! I would celebrate with chocolate, but that is just me! :->

PS Cute kitty.

KiKi said...

Congrats on #200!!!!

PS: I'll bet the Wilson Philipps hair rocked! ;-P

Gretchen said...

whoa 200, yes I need a 12-step program too.

and, maybe #5: "staring contest"

That's not very witty, but it's all I got!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Love Alan Rickman's voice. He was awesome in 'Galaxy Quest'!

I'm with the "Veddy Eenteresting" caption for the first one. Priceless!

My sister forwarded the comic. Nice to have a laugh!

Elisabeth said...

Happy 200th post!

Pick #4: Yummmmm...tartar sauce or ketchup, I can't decide.

Ronnica said...

Ooh, pink! I'm jumping up and down in my seat. Okay, I'm not. I don't need to give the guys I work with any more evidence that I may in fact be insane.

I like this post, a sort of review of the last 200 posts. I'll be hitting 500 in the not-so-distant future, but I have no idea what to do for it.

Leiann said...

I haven't gotten to check your blog in a while. Congrats on the 200th! My first thoughts on the pics were: #1 Oh, yeah, That's the spot! and #2 I can touch my nose with my tongue, can you? That's about all I got.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 200 posts! Your kitty looks a lot like my brother's fiancee's cat "TC"....She's pretty neurotic but they still love her.

Carrie said...

These aren't in LOLspeak, but here we go...

#1 Come over to my kitty condo. You can trust me...
#2 Look!! I can touch my tongue to my nose!!
#3 I'm working on my butt-ups to build my gluts.
#5 Would you like to go for sushi sometime? What? You've never heard of it??