Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Walking on Sunshine

Despite it being early November, a time of year when it is much more common for us to be shivering in our winter coats and scraping frost and clearing snow off our cars in this corner of New York state, today is going to be the second day in a row with sunshine and temps in the low 70s.

To that I say a hearty WOO-HOO!!!

Yesterday, Kiddo and I spent a good part of the afternoon outdoors at the park. She ran herself ragged on the playground. Today, I sent her to school in a short-sleeved shirt (with a lightweight jacket, as it was only in the 50s at 8am). I'm sure they'll be outside at school today, too - we've got to soak up the rays while we can!! I've got all the windows open and the furnace is off (another unusual occurrence for November) and I'm loving all the sun! I wish I could take you all out for a delightful picnic lunch (think of it - the ants, ticks, mosquitoes and yellow jackets are mostly gone for the season, so no need for any Deep Woods Off, even!) but I'll have to content myself with hanging out on my deck in short sleeves eating leftover Halloween candy. I think instead of going to the gym, I'm going to take a nice, long walk outside instead.

All in all, it is a glorious, glorious day today, and I'm just HAPPY. Cheers everyone!!


7 comments:

Ronnica said...

I love the warmth and the sunshine...is it spring yet? Actually, NC isn't bad at all. It gets really cold ("cold" for you) just a couple of days and that's it. It's rare to drop below 20 or 25.

Unknown said...

Great! Now there's another song to add to my ever growing iTunes buy list, :)

Ash said...

Enjoy!! Oh, the weather too, but I was referring to the candy - pass me the bowl, eh?

Em

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time with the kiddo at the park. :) Sounds like the most delightful weather, I wish I could join you for that picnic. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Deb said...

I love random warm days like that!!

Aunt Julie said...

The beautiful weather, the electric election, the mood of most of the country...it's a great, all-consuming feeling. I had a bounce in my step today. Things are looking up. I have hope.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by our blog.
What part of upstate NY are you in? We are in Albany.