Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, Monday

Sorry my blog has turned into a bit of a whinefest of late. I swear that it will perk up as soon as I get over this dang norovirus, Kiddo gets better (she spiked a fever again last night and is threatening to throw up, so is staying home today) and we get through the meeting we have at 8:30 this morning at school.

If this were any other meeting, I would be canceling it and staying home, in bed, where I belong. However, considering the amount of difficulty we had in getting this meeting set up with all the necessary players, there is no way on God's green earth that I'm canceling it just because I feel craptastic. We've got many, many issues to discuss, including last Friday's new bomb - the principal called me on Friday to say Kiddo's newly hired aide quit. Something about the pay being barely above minimum wage and the lack of benefits and her finding a position that, you know, pays something more livable and has benefits. So, yeah, we've got things to discuss... Hubby is going to the meeting as well, and he may have to lead the charge with things (he printed off all the various sections of the state law where it says when the school is supposed to have finished things and put things into effect to be compliant with an IEP) as my head is feeling milliseconds away from splitting in two.

I'm just hoping I don't explode in any figurative or literal sense during the meeting. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Andy said...

I hope you feel better and that the school FINALLY gets it's act together!!!

jubilee said...

Oh, SITstah, I am so sorry for the craptastic day. I'll say a prayer for you that things get better real quickly. Confrontation + feeling icky is so not a good combination. Glad hubby is there to help/lead the charge!

just the five of us said...

Hey, we were doing the same thing at my house last night! Except I had the blowing and going on Saturday! Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Tell them to comply or you'll puke on them.. I think that would work.

Abounader Photography said...

The absolute best of luck!!!!!

Vickie said...

Hope you are feeling better and I hope the school gets their crap together. As a part of the community, the school is supposed to help.

Mammatalk said...

Imodium is the answer, my friend. And, in case of an explosion, be sure to aim well! :->

Feel better!

Paige said...

so you are home now--how did the meeting go?

feel better

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm so sorry you're still feeling crappy...and it's no fun having to deal with stuff like that when You're not well...but maybe projectile vomiting on him will get the point across better than mere words lol. Good luck!