It isn't just the sugar high talking here, I really do need to spread some serious blogosphere love around! I've been the beneficiary of oodles of blog bling lately, and I simply must show it off, give my thanks and pass it along. So (and I'm not saying I *don't* have a bit of a sugar buzz going on, mind you), here are the awards I've recently received:
MomTo1 (who has another one on the way) bestowed this award upon me (that I'd been more than a wee bit covetous of seeing it 'round the blogosphere as I have!):
Next, Meaghan, who beat advanced cervical cancer AND now has a new coffee shop that is donating money raised from the shop towards the fight to end cancer, gave me this:
For this award, I have to tell you some things that make me happy. Well, it's hard to narrow it down and also not to sound trite, but...
- My daughter. Kiddo is the light of my life.
- My husband. My best friend and I consider myself lucky and blessed every day to be his wife.
- Music. Hard to be down when you're listening to upbeat music, now isn't it? And hey, if you don't want to be happy, there's music for that too, which then should make you happy that you found sad/angry music to match your sad/angry mood...
- Books. Books make me happy. Sure, these days I read more children's books than grown-up ones, but even those make me happy. We're currently reading the first Paddington book with Kiddo, and just finished one of the Ramona books. Rereading these books, ones I enjoyed so much as a child, well, that's a little piece of happiness right there, as well as seeing Kiddo's delight in hearing them for the first time.
- Leftover Halloween candy. Okay, this one is a wee bit shallow, but today, I'm sure happy that we have oodles of chocolaty goodness in the big, blue Tupperware bowl up on top of the fridge!
And last but not least, Twisted Lisa, who cracks me up on a regular basis, gave me this one:
First of all, a big, huge, heartfelt THANKS to the three of you lovely ladies for the awards. You make me feel like Sally Field when she won her second Oscar back in '85... *mwah* You all rock! Everyone should please drop by their blogs and check them out, and if you're feeling the need for a cuppa joe, be sure to swing by Meaghan's Get the Bean shop, too. What's better than coffee for a cause?
Now, time to spread the love around!!
I'd like to honor the following fantabulous bloggers (*drumroll please*)
Kristin at Give me a minute, I'll come up with something,
Debbie at Suburb Sanity
Andy at Today's the Day!
get this one:
Carrie at Oikology 101,
Paige at Malfunction Junction
NikkiCrumpet at Blah, Blah, Blah, blog
get this one:
Eudea-Mamia at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...,
Smoochiefrog at In the Mind of a Thirtysomething Mom
and Kiki at flibbertiggibbet (even though every single time I read her blog title, this song from the Sound of Music gets embedded in my head for hours)
get this one:
Enjoy your bling and spread the love, ladies! I'd share some of our leftover Halloween candy with you too, but I can't fit it through the USB port....