Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spreading the love Saturday

It isn't just the sugar high talking here, I really do need to spread some serious blogosphere love around! I've been the beneficiary of oodles of blog bling lately, and I simply must show it off, give my thanks and pass it along. So (and I'm not saying I *don't* have a bit of a sugar buzz going on, mind you), here are the awards I've recently received:

MomTo1 (who has another one on the way) bestowed this award upon me (that I'd been more than a wee bit covetous of seeing it 'round the blogosphere as I have!):

Next, Meaghan, who beat advanced cervical cancer AND now has a new coffee shop that is donating money raised from the shop towards the fight to end cancer, gave me this:


For this award, I have to tell you some things that make me happy. Well, it's hard to narrow it down and also not to sound trite, but...

- My daughter. Kiddo is the light of my life.
- My husband. My best friend and I consider myself lucky and blessed every day to be his wife.
- Music. Hard to be down when you're listening to upbeat music, now isn't it? And hey, if you don't want to be happy, there's music for that too, which then should make you happy that you found sad/angry music to match your sad/angry mood...
- Books. Books make me happy. Sure, these days I read more children's books than grown-up ones, but even those make me happy. We're currently reading the first Paddington book with Kiddo, and just finished one of the Ramona books. Rereading these books, ones I enjoyed so much as a child, well, that's a little piece of happiness right there, as well as seeing Kiddo's delight in hearing them for the first time.
- Leftover Halloween candy. Okay, this one is a wee bit shallow, but today, I'm sure happy that we have oodles of chocolaty goodness in the big, blue Tupperware bowl up on top of the fridge!

And last but not least,
Twisted Lisa, who cracks me up on a regular basis, gave me this one:



First of all, a big, huge, heartfelt THANKS to the three of you lovely ladies for the awards. You make me feel like Sally Field when she won her second Oscar back in '85... *mwah* You all rock! Everyone should please drop by their blogs and check them out, and if you're feeling the need for a cuppa joe, be sure to swing by Meaghan's Get the Bean shop, too. What's better than coffee for a cause?

Now, time to spread the love around!!

I'd like to honor the following fantabulous bloggers (*drumroll please*)

Kristin at Give me a minute, I'll come up with something,
Debbie at Suburb Sanity
and
Andy at Today's the Day!

get this one:

Carrie at Oikology 101,
Paige at Malfunction Junction
and
NikkiCrumpet at Blah, Blah, Blah, blog

get this one:


and

Eudea-Mamia at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...,
Smoochiefrog at In the Mind of a Thirtysomething Mom
and Kiki at flibbertiggibbet (even though every single time I read her blog title, this song from the Sound of Music gets embedded in my head for hours)

get this one:


Enjoy your bling and spread the love, ladies! I'd share some of our leftover Halloween candy with you too, but I can't fit it through the USB port....

11 comments:

kristin said...

Thanks, heather!

Debbie said...

Thank you for thinking of me and putting me on a list with such talented bloggers! I've got a little love spreading up my sleeve for next week myself. Hopefully Tuesday.

Ash said...

Wow - really!?

You'd share your candy if it would fit through the USB port?

You're so cool! And thanks so so so much for the bloggy love. I'm humbled, and thoroughly appreciate the thought.

From one EW sista to another, seriously, thanks!

Em

April said...

congrats on the awards!

Smoochiefrog said...

Thank you so much girly! You totally deserve those awards and I'm grateful to receive one from you. :)

Carrie said...

Thanks so much!! And I'm glad your candy won't fit through the USB port because my gut won't fit through the door at this point from eating so much Halloween candy! In fact, I'm chewing on a Milk Dud right now! I can hear the adipose cell walls stretching as I type. HA

Anonymous said...

Mornin SITSter; just dropping by to say hi and I had trouble getting in past all the admirers. You're just little miss popular, aren't you?
Congrats on all those awards. You are loved.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Congratulations!!! That's a whole lotta love you got goin' on!!

Jeannie

nikkicrumpet said...

Thank you sooooo much. I really appreciate you thinking of me. And congrats on your many awards! You're gonna have to expand to have a place to put em!

KiKi said...

Yeeee! My first award! Thank you so much and congrats on all the wonderful recognition you've been receiving...you definitely deserve it! xo - Ki

Paige said...

Congrats on all the awards--and thanks for sharing