Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I think I'll get for all my nieces and nephews for Christmas this year...

This seems like the perfect gift for the under-five crowd, dontcha think? I mean, what kid wouldn't want their very own set of Junior Bagpipes? (Complete with instructional finger chart and songbook, so I'm sure they'll be making beautiful music in no time!) And with five nieces and nephews (and a sixth on the way), they'll practically make a complete Pipe and Drum Corps... Oh, that would mean getting at least one of them a drum, though... Maybe it could even be like a new century Partridge Family, except with bagpipes and without David Cassidy, and they could someday possibly compete here......... A girl can dream, right?

This would, by the way, be a gift in honor of my aunt. You see, one year at Christmas my aunt (who always gave us the coolest Christmas presents) gave my youngest brother, who was around 3 at the time, a fireman's helmet complete with flashing light and siren, that he then proceeded to put immediately upon his head and turn on before running circles around the living room and later, the dining room while we were eating our Christmas dinner. Someone eventually made the brilliant suggestion that he take it outside - all the better to see the cool lights out in the darkness - and thankfully he did, but not before we all were seeing spots in front of our eyes from the strobe-y light and ears had begun ringing from the incessant siren. (Oh, and note to the brother in question: just because the baby isn't due until the spring, don't think I won't get a set of bagpipes for your family, too - they'll keep!)

Besides, as I live over five hours away from all of my siblings, I won't be around to hear their rehearsals.... Mwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I wonder if the website will give me a volume discount?

7 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! As an aunt myself, I think the bagpipes are a great idea! I always try to find the noisiest toy to give my nephews! Hey, I'm not gonna be there to have to listen to it!

Thanks for entering the giveaway, good luck! It's great to meet a new SITSta.

Unknown said...

Um... as much as my ears hate to ask, where did you find that? Essie would LOVE to get that for Christmas.

Mom said...

I would so skin you alive if you were my sister and bought those for my kids...lol! My family knows if it makes noise it's NOT coming home with me. And no longer waste the money on things they end up keeping.

My dad bought my son a little lawn mower when he was about 2-3 years old and it made lots of noise. So I operated on it and removed the cord so it was quite. My dad would then operate and repair the mower. After the 3rd time I cut the cord and sent him a bill for the operation.

Now when I get grandchildren I think this may be the perfect gift for me to buy them...lol!

Unknown said...

LOL I love it. Nieces, nephews and grandchildren are natures way of making up for everything not wonderful we go through... payback time. ;)

Unknown said...

Ah, the best gifts are the ones that make noise. We've gladly paid back all the friends (who are now starting their families) with all the noisy gifts they've given us over the years.
Now who' getting the RED blinking loud noisy toy again? ;)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh man, if I had children and they all received this noisiness, I could quite possibly hate that person for ever!

Carrie said...

Nothing wrong with a little bit o' noise *said in my best scottish accent* because if it isn't scottish, it's crap! Do you remember that skit from SNL??