Saturday, October 18, 2008

Speaking of cute, little birdies...

To go along with the retelling of how my grandmother gassed her beloved canary (see below), I have another bird-related item to share.

Hubby was watching the show How It's Made, which we love here at our house, while he was cooking dinner tonight. He called Kiddo and me downstairs to watch something he'd just seen. He said it was the best How It's Made segment he'd ever watched, and after watching it twice (because I just couldn't believe my eyes the first time), I have to concur. Thankfully, some intrepid souls (who obviously share our amazement at this whole thing) have uploaded the relevant segment to YouTube.

Check these chicks out! Seriously, this is wild!!!



I mean, I guess it makes sense that there are commercial hatcheries, but isn't that the craziest thing you've ever seen? Kiddo and I were cracking each other up by narrating the chicks' journey down the various contraptions: "Whooooooooa! CHUTE!" etc... hilarious!

Of course, this didn't stop us for a second from enjoying the chicken and sausage pasta dish Hubby whipped up for dinner. 'Twas delicious!

5 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Some fried chicken sounds good too!

My 4 year old is loving the baby chicks.

Carrie said...

I LOVE that show and that is one of the best segments EVAH!! It is so funny how they drop down! You could die from all the cuteness!!

A New England Life said...

That's just crazy! Those poor little chicks ... life is rough, and short. My daughter will love this video!

Sharon

Coco said...

Hey,
Thank you for the comment!
This video is crazy.. I am debating if I should feel bad for the little chicks.. I would get so dizzy being flopped around like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to say hi!! I'm already having so much fun in the SITStahood!! I'll be back to visit for sure. :) ~Jill