Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brain-befogged updates-n-rambling

Kiddo informed me over breakfast this morning that what woke her up in the wee, small hours was a dream that her one arm had stretched and was a lot longer than the other one. She further explained that she had this same dream repeatedly throughout the night, which explains certain, sudden movements she was making where she'd throw her arms out and then toss about. She said in her dream, she tried to line her arms up and couldn't get them both to be the same length... Methinks this dream was planted in her head thanks to the Tooth Fairy's delivery of the Stretchy Frog (click for a picture - Kiddo has the red-eyed tree frog) that Kiddo had so long coveted. (Note: Kiddo is excited to have freed up a spot now on her list for Santa, as this was one of the four things on this year's list.) Kiddo majorly *hearts* the Stretchy Frog, but I betcha anything it was the whole stretchy-ness of the frog that implanted the thought waaaaay down deep in her subconscious that led to the one arm stretching dream. (Nightmare? Hard to say.)

The crazy cat clearly exhausted herself from her middle of the night, Chicken Little, It's the End of the World as We Know It carryings-on, and spent the entire day up until about 10 minutes ago passed out on the couch. At least someone in this family got to take a nice, long nap today... She's now attempting to help me type this by sitting half on my lap, half on the edge of my pull-out keyboard tray and repeatedly pressing the space bar and alt key. Thanks, Peep McFuzz.

Since I've already opened the TMI door with my Pitchforking Aunt Flo reveal in the last post, I must put in a plug for the World's Greatest Maxi-Pad. (And heck, I don't think I have any male readers anyhow - if I do, holler and I promise I will never post of such things again!) I won't go into too gory a detail here, but let me just give a major shout out to the Always folks for coming up with these. Seriously serious protection from Aunt Flo's evil ways.

We have officially had our first snowflakes of the fall - the Weather Channel is rarely wrong, and once again they were right. Kiddo watched our Local on the 8s forecast with me this morning, and grew extremely excited at the thought of snow falling while she was at school. I tried to explain that this was not going to be the kind of snow she was envisioning, but I think she may still be a bit disappointed to not be able to follow through with her post-school plans of creating a snowman family ("with different hats and noses for each, Mommy!") and then having a snowball fight. I, on the other hand, am hoping for one last, extra spell of Indian summer, though I know we're full-on into the downhill slide to winter... Kiddo will have plenty of days (months, actually, as we tend to be snowy from November through April, and sometimes from late October right into early May) for snowpeople creation, so I don't mind her being disappointed right now!

The other night on Jeopardy (yes, I do still watch the show, despite having come in second - my less harsh way of saying "lost" - when I was on) there was a category that totally cracked me up. In my present foggy-brained state, I can't think of the exact category title, but the answers were all words that sound weird without their typical prefix. Like "couth" for "uncouth" and "plenish" for "replenish" but the one that cracked me up most of all was "gruntled" for "disgruntled" - I never knew that gruntle was an actual word! Anyone else? (Besides, I mean, Alex Trebek - he really does know just about everything; as of the season I was on the show, he'd taken every contestant test for 19 seasons and had never failed one. The man is legitimately smart, y'all.)

As my day has not included a nap (confession: I watched a couple of episodes of Miami Vice I had TiFauxed a week or two ago when I could've - should've! - been trying to sleep), I'm dragging right now. I have to bundle up and go collect Kiddo (who took Stretchy Frog to school with her to show her friends what wonders the Tooth Fairy hath brought) from the bus stop, and then I'm going to change into my jammies and stay in the rest of the day. I know I'll try to stay up to see Hubby when he gets home, but I'm not sure I'll make it... I laid off the caffeine by 9am. Caffeine really gets me wired, and if I have it later in the day (say, after 2pm), I'm guaranteed not to sleep, so I'm just foggily wandering through life for the rest of the day 'til I can go to bed. Kiddo will enjoy it, as Overtired Mommy tends to evolve into Very Silly Mommy. I sense Opera Day coming on.....................

In closing (boy, I'm managing to really ramble on here considering I don't have a heckuva lot of important things to say - another symptom of Overtired Heather), let me say that I never thought that Sylar would become one of my favorite characters on Heroes, but he totally has! And I'm glad that Leanne won PR (which I finally watched off the DVR over the weekend), though if Korto had won I'd have been happy, too. I'm still rooting for McKey in ANTM, though Marjorie has some seriously intriguing weirdness to her, as does Elina. I'm really, really happy that Michael asked Holly out (I adore Amy Ryan. No, I haven't seen Gone Baby Gone yet, but she kicked ass on The Wire.) and I hope that Roy's reappearance this week doesn't spell trouble for Jam. And, ONE MORE WEEK until 30 Rock is back, woo-hoo!

Okay, I'm out of here. I've probably managed to ramble my way out of keeping any followers at all. (Though, I do finally have a blog reader and now I'm following all sorts of y'all, woo-hoo, I feel so coooool!) I promise, I shall not post again until my brain has rested!

12 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

SHUT UP! Jeopardy???? (I just read the post about it in your archives.) I can only wish!

I tried out for it once. Dang Elvis movie questions killed me. Stupid Elvis.

And wow. You ramble aimlessly better than I do. :)

Unknown said...

I did know that about Gruntle... because in my family we frequently say "I have lost my gruntle"

We're a little weird like that.

I think a tired Lizzy & a tired Heather would make for some funny butt stuff because when Lizzy gets tired she turns in to Cockney Mommy (that's COCKNEY - like Brittish.. not COCKEY... just for clarification) so that would go well with Opera Day....

Aubrey said...

A stretchy arm dream HAS to be terrifying! Poor Kiddo! LOL

I SOOO wanted Korto to win PR. I liked Leanne's collection but it all looked the same. Blah. Anywhoo...

Love the rambling. That's what keeps us coming back!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

OK, did you really mean to say it quite like this:

"I must put in a plug for the World's Greatest Maxi-Pad."

A plug? ACK!!!

But seriously, I'm SOOOOO keeping an eye out for the blue box with the purple bar! And I thought they went all out when they went with wings!

April said...

aw, i love your ramblings!

KiKi said...

Love your blog! You're from upstate New York? I live in Los Angeles now, but I grew up in Northern NY, right on the Canadian border. I look forward to reading more of your writing! xo - Ki

Anonymous said...

You said the dirty S-word (snow)! Where I live we got over 100 inches of snow last winter and it's supposed to be even worse this winter! Ok, your forgiven. :)

Andy said...

Very cool stretchy frog! Hilary had a tooth pulled yesterday and the tooth fairy brought her a Halloween Webkinz outfit! Everyone (read: Liam) was very excited this morning when it was found under her pillow!

Deb said...

I think your ramblings are a lot of fun.

I love me some Always pads too.

The Szareks said...

I love it when you write posts like this one :-)

Debbie said...

Hi. Just found you through a comment you made on a different blog (where we were both going off over the use of the word "retard" on a school sign). Wanted to pop over because you seemed like someone I should meet. I like the rambling too. And my mother would so want your Jeopardy contestant autograph.

Carrie said...

This post is so funny...And I concur with NGIP. A plug?? Now that is fricken punny!