Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whaddya think?

After spending lots of time perusing other folks' blogs (especially the SITStas who each seem to have a cuter blog than the last), I was feeling like my attempt at being Zen with a greens and grays themed blog was a bit ho-hum. Unfortunately, I don't have the dough to spend on a redesign (though I was drooling over the layouts at EightCrazy Designs forever last night) so that limited my options to what I could find for free. Turns out there are loads of free Blogspot templates out there. After browsing through literally hundreds of designs, I found myself coming back to this one most often. I think I've fiddled around with it long enough, so I'm going to leave this up for a bit and see how it feels. Also, what do y'all think? Too busy and distracting? Too hard on the eyes? Cool and funky and kinda different and fun? Opinions welcome. (I did save my old, ho-hum template so if I have a panic attack over this one, I can always go back to square one...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I may be searching for a fresh template myself!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, so did you re-add all your extra stuff (the widgets?) or what?

I can't figure out how to do a new layout without losing everything else?

Heather said...

Yep, I had to re-add all my extra stuff. That is what was holding me back for so long, actually, was every time I'd click on a new template to install, it would tell me I'd lose all my "extras" so I'd panic and hit cancel.

Finally, I just copied all the info/scripts into a Word doc and then once I'd chosen the new template (and hit the scary confirm button with the deleting of widgets), I added them back in by cutting and pasting the code back - the one that took the longest was the blogroll since that had to be reentered line by line. The others were pretty quick though.

Anonymous said...

blah, I am not motivated enough to do all that!

Andy said...

In the Famous words of Mr. Liam:


"Oh-la-loo!"

Anonymous said...

wow great look...and I love the sista site

Unknown said...

Heather -

I like the pink/cherry blossoms better than the orange - mostly because it's easier to read. I liked the orange colors and design, but the stripy, oh-so-cool background made it rough on my old eyes :)