Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh NOOOO!!!! (<-- as screamed by Mr. Bill)

First the kiddo was up barfing all night. By "all night" I mean every half an hour from 10pm until 3:30am, then a brief pause for exhausted parents to get a couple of hours of sleep and instill firmly in us the hope that the throwing up was over, and then the barfing resumed around 7 this morning, along with a new symptom - low grade fever!

As the harsh light of what appears to be a perfectly gorgeous summer's day seared my eyes, I called the kiddo in sick to farm school, cancelled our afternoon plans and settled the kiddo into my bed with a little Pinky Dinky Doo, fresh barf bucket and a cup of liquid (because yes, I am now officially freaked about dehydration with the all night barfing bonanza). Then I collapsed, blearily eyed and with a pounding headache (that predates the barforama but definitely was exacerbated by the lack of decent sleep), in front of my computer to catch up on my Scrabulous games on Facebook... and Scrabulous is no more (at least for North American users)! *wails of anguish* So, Julie, Sarah and all my other international Scrabulous buddies - I miss you already and hope that we will be able to play again either on Scrabulous or the official Scrabble...

So, to sum up my day so far:

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!


In other news, this is my 99th post. I've been working on a 100 Things for my 100th post, but right now I'm a wee bit too braindead to finish it up, so it'll turn up later when the vomitorium has closed up shop and sleep or caffeine or both have cleared the cobwebs from the corners of my mind....

5 comments:

Sonya said...

OOOHHHH...I am so sorry you are having a barfy day!! I hope y'all start to feel better soon and get out and about! We are having such good weather, I don't know what I would do if Tres were sicky and we couldn't get out! :)

Hugs!
Sonya

Melissa said...

Oh, poor you and poor kids! All night barf fests are not cool. Sounds like a long day after being up all night. I hope you got rest and I hope your kids are feeling better.

~B. said...

Oh man...nothing like a night like that. Poor you and poor little one, too. Sending peaceful, calm, restful tummy vibes your way. And if that doesn't work, there's always this can of VomitBGone....

(by the way, hello! I found your blog on the SITS one that I'm new to...you're my first visit. :))

Andy said...

I hope kiddo is feeling better, and that you are on the mend to!

Anonymous said...

Barf Germies are the WORST!

Feel better, baby! (((YOU)))

P.S. I'd still rather puke than have a cockroach in my head. Just saying.