Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Channeling Carol Brady...

While chatting online with a dear friend who was raised in the UK and is presently living Down Under, I discovered that there apparently is a whole section of the world who might not get my Carol Brady hair reference. (Seriously, I thought the Brady Bunch was universal, how could it not be? What's next - folks who've never seen Gilligan's Island or Happy Days?)

In the interest of international diplomacy, therefore, I scurried about on Google and came up with the following photographic examples of Mrs. Brady's hair. I may not be all the way to the full-on Carol Brady Flip just yet, but I bet I can get there in a matter of weeks. In the meantime, my hair seems perfectly content to channel other Mrs. Brady hairstyles, so I'm planning on stringing up some beads in the kiddo's bedroom doorway and calling her Johnny Bravo and trading in my Sienna for a groovy station wagon, preferably with wood paneling down the sides.

Forthwith, pictures of my present hair don't icon, Carol Brady.

My hair can definitely do this already, without much styling required. My lips likewise are well suited to sucking down milkshakes, though I don't know that I would be so inclined to share any decent milkshake with my hubby...


Here's the full-on flip. Now my hair has a goal to which to aspire, woo!



I hope this provides assistance and clarification for my friends from abroad, those poor, sad souls who grew up without knowing the story of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and let's not talk about how Mr. Brady stayed in the closet about his sexual preference because of the thoughts of the times...I am assuming that your DH is not like him in that way. I am all for trading the Sienna if you can get a good station wagon with fully functioning air and tires without holes he he he

Anonymous said...

Groovy Groovy Groovy!

Anonymous said...

The flip! Ha! Please have higher aspirations for your hair than the Carol Brady flip. It's really just a glorified mullet (pronounced "moo-lay" if you'd like).

I'm just happy anytime I see women with very short hair. My hair is a constant thorn in my side it seems.