Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Think good thoughts

Okay gang, please think good thoughts for me today. The interviews for the four candidates interested in being Kiddo's sensory diet aide are this morning starting at 8:30, and then we have our first kindergarten parent-teacher conference tonight at 6:00. The headache that was at Level 4: Mildly Annoying when I went to bed at 9:30 last night, chock full o' drugs to kill it, instead morphed into Level 10: Major Migraine this morning. (If it goes to Level 11: a Spinal Tap Would be Preferable, I'm in serious trouble.) I've downed another handful of meds and ingested some caffeine for good measure. I'm a little shaky and the screen is seeming really bright (I know, WTH am I doing blogging then?) but I'm not feeling nauseous anymore and I can open both eyes at the same time without keeling over, so that's an improvement.

Oh how I hope these interviews go well and we find someone who will be a GREAT fit for the position. The school year is almost halfway over and we're still not where we should've been back on September 4th, and that probably isn't helping my headache any.

I'll let you know what happens later, if my skull hasn't exploded.

18 comments:

RMF said...

Take care of yourself. This explains why you weren't online last night--I was wondering!

I hope you feel better soon.

X

Ash said...

Oh migraines. If only the Government could harness that power - water boarding would be obsolete.

Good thoughts, for you and the interviews.

Em

BloggessJ said...

I hope things go well today. I know how icky migraines can be, my mom and I get them all the time. NOT fun at all!

Vickie said...

Migraines suck!! What a day to have one. I don't know about you, but mine last all day. Then the after effects last a couple more days.

After the interviews, pack your head with ice. Of course when I do that, I have ice burns on my face, but I like to think it helps.

Good luck with the interviews.

When you have a free moment, I photo tagged you. Come check it out at my blog!

Sticky said...

Sending positive thoughts...hang in there.

Preston said...

I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope you feel better soon and I'm sorry if that picture of me in the perm gave you a headache!

Carrie said...

Sending prayers your way! Hope you feel better quickly!

Unknown said...

#A - TAKE CARE OF YOU

Letter 2 - i hope it goes well today. There are wonderful people for whom that job would be perfect... I'm praying you find them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sorry to hear you aren't well - poor you I am sending you get well soon thoughts!!! Good like with the diet aide and with the interviews tonight!!!

Outnumbered2to1 said...

I'm so sorry. Here are my best wishes for your day today. I hope you all the best and I hope your migraine disappears immediately!

Meaghan said...

Merry Sitsmas to you :) Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!!

Debbie said...

I can't wait to hear about the interviews. I so hope you found someone great.

Givinya De Elba said...

Okay, good thoughts for today. I'd better back it up with a prayer or two.

Jennifer said...

OMG I'm sorry about the headache--hope it's better! And hope all the meetings went your way!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh I hope it goes well, the interviews, the meeting and the migraine. I'm sorry I just had to chuckle at your being at the computer screen with it's fuzziness. Take care!!

Unknown said...

Good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts

(Cause things go in threes right?)

nikkicrumpet said...

Ozgood...and Crumpet too...wanted to send you big drooly dog kisses!!! They got their thank you gift today!!! They think you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Ugh - I'm so sorry! Migraines SUCK.

It's the next day as I write this, so hopefully it all went well?

I hope you had good luck with the interviews and that your head did not explode and is still attached to your body as you read this. Because otherwise, stop reading this and go look for it.