Friday, December 19, 2008

Phriday Photo Phun - Phavorite Holiday Photo

Playing along again with Candid Carrie! This is my favorite holiday picture. It was taken Kiddo's first Christmas morning, under the tree at my parents' house. She was one day shy of seven months old...



And a bonus shot - this was the picture we used for our first ever family Christmas card, back in 2003 (and shortly before I cut about 27 inches of my hair off because Kiddo was getting too strong with her "wrap Mommy's hair around my wrists, grab hold and YANK" maneuvers....)



We are supposed to be getting one heck of a winter storm today - they're saying our corner of the county could get upwards of 15 inches or better between noon and 6pm. Someone forgot to tell the snow it's not supposed to start until noon though, because it is already coming down with some whipping winds to boot. No, Kiddo's district did NOT close preemptively like many other districts in our area. That would've been too darn sensible. Kiddo's kindergarten class holiday party is at 1 this afternoon and I'm one of the volunteers, so at least I'll be able to bring her home with me and she won't be stuck on the bus in this weather. At least this storm pretty much guarantees us another White Christmas!

Wherever you are today, hope you are toasty warm and dry! Happy last weekend of Advent and less than one week 'til Christmas!

18 comments:

Kristen said...

What a precious present under the tree.
Hope you guys fair well with the snow storm coming. Enjoy the holiday party.

Carrie said...

Those are GREAT pics!

We got about 7 inches this morning. Make yourself some delicious cocoa and snuggle up!!

Unknown said...

Our old town closed school today... it's about 50 here right now and lovely. YEP - that's why I moved!!!!

Those pictures are PRECIOUS!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Very nice holiday pics:)

Anonymous said...

I think we've got about 10-12 inches so far. My husband is out snowblowing our driveway for the third time today - UGH.

LOVE your photos!

Sue said...

Pass the cocoa. It's freeezing!

Debbie said...

Look at you and how the happiness is oozing out of every pore. Love this.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great pics and I so know about the "wrap and yank"!!
I left you something on my blog tonight!

Anna Lefler said...

Love those photos! And - wow - that's a ton of snow. Be safe and stay warm!

Happy Holidays!

XO

Anna

just the five of us said...

Stopping by from SITS. It sounds like you will have a fabulous Saturday. Send me some snow okay? I am missing the white stuff. I now live in Phoenix and all we get is rain:(

Jennifer said...

I love both of those pic! What a little cutie under the tree!!

Tiffany said...

Great pictures! Enjoy your snow. We've got cold and gray.

Scary Mommy said...

Oh, adorable pics! Hope you are enjoying the snow! :)

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh, now that is so stinking cute i can't stand it! how much fun to remember...i was just doing that with my 14 yo....

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Those are gorgeous baby pics.

Ash said...

No posts this weekend? I hope that doesn't mean you lost power.

Or you're buried in a snowdrift...

Stay warm!!

Em

Gretchen said...

How Precious! What a beautiful Christmas blessing.

WheresMyAngels said...

What a cute little photo. Boy are you cheesying it up for the camera also!! lol