Friday, September 26, 2008

Ponies and princesses and stuffed animals, oh my!

On the other side of the wall from where I sit right now, Kiddo is entertaining some friends in her room. She's had plenty of playdates in her short life, but this is the first time that I've okayed kids playing upstairs in her room. Usually, I keep them downstairs or outside, but since I was doing stuff upstairs (namely, playing Wordscraper and blog-hopping) and since I'd cleaned up Kiddo's room earlier today (I did a toy purge - shhhhh), I decided to approve Kiddo's request for the girls to play in her room...



Within approximately thirty seconds, as you might expect, Kiddo's bedroom floor was covered. The girls have taken out all her My Little Pony world, her Disney Princess mini-castle (which I love because it folds up into a compact, easy-to-store case) and all the Disney mini-Princesses (which I hate because of their weird, rubbery plastic clothing that Kiddo cannot manage to put on or take off without needing assistance about 75% of the time, and which *I* cannot manage to put on or take off without swearing - on the inside - about 99% of the time, not to mention the fact that their shoes are sooo itty-bitty, like less than half an inch long and millimeters wide) along with her Aladdin and Jungle Book figures, a few of her farm and safari animals and assorted random dinosaurs.

One of her friends is doing voices for the different princesses and Kiddo is doing voices for the ponies (with appropriate "neigh-y" inflections). Kiddo is also doing the worst faux-Caribbean-isle accent for her Sebastian the Crab (of Little Mermaid fame) - something that always cracks me up.

They've also gone through Kiddo's vast collection of stuffed animals (aka her "guys") and it basically looks like her room has exploded. (I just peeked in again, about 10 minutes after the above photo was taken, and at this point, you'd be hard pressed to say Kiddo's carpet is blue unless you happened to know the fact already.) They're having a grand time but I'm thinking it may be a few more years before I okay an upstairs playdate again... Somehow the living room never turns into quite so large a disaster area. But for now, I think I'm going to join them and play with the princesses and the ponies and the dinos... I do a great T Rex voice, you know!

No comments: