Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh no, she didn't!

Oh yes, I did. I just walked Kiddo the bus stop, four houses up at the corner of our street, in my jammies. Granted, I'm not decked out in Victoria's Secret lingerie, just a t-shirt and pajama pants, and I had my barn coat on over them, plus I'd brushed my teeth and hair and washed my face. (I also put clogs on as the sidewalk is a wee bit too landmined with goose poop to traipse about barefoot safely.) So, it wasn't exactly "just rolled out of bed" (besides which, I've been up since just about 6), but it wasn't "ready to hop into the car and head out into the world" either.

Last year, when I was driving Kiddo to preschool every day, I always showered and dressed in actual clothes before heading out. Granted, sometimes they were just my gym clothes, but it wasn't like I was schlepping to preschool sans bra or toothpaste. There were other moms who frequently dropped their kids off while still in a jammified state, and I'll confess that I felt a wee bit superior upon occasion. But now, I'd venture that the school bus stop is different, especially if one is returning to one's home immediately thereafter and it is before 8:30 in the morning besides. Also, in not too many more weeks, we'll have to bundle up and no one will be able to tell if I have clothes or jammies on anyhow! (I did get called on my jammies by the other mom at the bus stop today. She said that she was jealous, actually...)

The main reason I wasn't so up-and-at-'em this morning was because I'm fighting a losing battle with a nasty head cold. All I wanted to do today was stay in bed, perhaps with an eye open to watch Matt and Meredith, but certainly not doing anything more productive. Obviously, I couldn't have my wish, what with the kiddo having to be roused, fed, glasses washed and hair done, supervised while dressing and toothbrushing, and making sure that she had everything she needed for school. She came home on Friday without her lunchbag, so by day 2 we already had made one emergency trip back over to school to collect a left-behind item. Couldn't have that happen on my watch, now could I? So, I was up but not necessarily so very at 'em, and yes, I did wear my jammies to the bus stop. A precedent was set, the slippery slope and all that, and I have a feeling that until I'm once more gainfully employed and needing to be on my way after the bus arrives, there will be many more mornings when my jammies strut the catwalk - erm, I mean sidewalk - to the corner.

I figure as long as I'm not still in my pajamas at 3 when the bus drops her off, I'm doing all right...

(PS - Still loving the bulbous bouffant from my previous post. It cracks me up every time. Hee! Oh and yes, they are Canadian, for those of you who wondered, eh...)

8 comments:

Andy said...

What, no picture???

Unknown said...

When the ladies were riding the bus, i would always head down in my jammie pants and sweatshirt... I liked it...

Now I drop them off at school though, so all dressed up I am.

kristin said...

I agree, next time a pic is in order.

I crossed the line and stayed in my jammies to drop kiddo off at a 6:30 AM football practice. I was praying that I didn't get into a fender bender or anything.

~Trish~ said...

LOL Love it, I work from home so um yea it's really hard to get 'dressed' to go to the bus stop!! But like you mentioned, I'm usually off to the gym right after so at least I do have on something other than jammies hehe

kristin said...

Thank you to Marla from Pak Adventures for giving me some Blog Love. I'd like to pass on the lovin' so read on... (and I'm going to try and not list people I've already given awards to - I'm fair like that.)

Heather - you're on my list

Now.. the rules are....

1.The winner puts logo on her/his blog.
2.Link the person you received your award from.
3.Nominate 7 other blogs.
4.Put links of those blogs on yours.
5.Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve chosen.

PS. I'm not html savvy, so you can pick up the Blog Love logo from my blog.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

My baby is only 15 months and she likes to sleep in...thank goodness! Well, I'm already thinking about 'what on earth am I going to do when she's in school?!!?' because I'm SO not the morning person. Uhhh hummmm. Oh well. I'm all for jammies in the morning until afternoon! ;-)

~melody~

Lump said...

oh it's ok..there are many weekends when I don't even change out of my PJs for the WHOLE WEEKEND. sometimes those are the best days. :)

Crazy Momma said...

I have SO taken the kiddos to school in my PJs...or, since we live right across the street, stood at the corner in my PJs and watched him walk to school alone. Ah, whatev :)

Thanks for stopping bymy blog today and sharing the love. I cannot believe you hate feet...but I won't hate you for it :)