Friday, July 10, 2009

The Pink Safari: Before and Almost After...

Kiddo's room as it looked the day we made the offer on the house:








Kiddo's room as of last Thursday, when we began stripping the Wallpaper From Hell:





Kiddo's room as of last Saturday:






Kiddo's room as of this afternoon, two coats of primer, one coat of ceiling paint, two coats of Kiddo-selected pink paint and three coats of bright white trim later:








Yet to be done: moving all Kiddo's stuff in and unpacking it, painting the louvered doors for the closet bright white and reinstalling them, finishing the trim on the windows (only have the sills done thus far), purchasing and installing new shades, hanging curtains, putting up the safari animal photo decals once the paint has cured and purchasing some sort of area rug(s) for the room. (Someday, sometime, we'll refinish the floor, but it's good enough for now.) Then the Pink Safari Bedroom of Kiddo's dreams will be complete, but at least we're most of the way there now. Kiddo will be able to move back in to her room tomorrow, hooray! (I'll just be glad to have her dresser out of the hallway and back in her room, so I no longer have to squeeze past it and reinjure the nasty bruise on my side that's developed by repeatedly slamming into the dresser's pointy corner over the past week!)


Now I just have to convince Hubby that we really do need to go to the Country Curtains store this weekend... he's about as excited at the prospect of doing that as I would be by the prospect of scrubbing out the kitty litter pan with my toothbrush...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What hubby doesn't like stores that sell window coverings? What's wrong with him?? Don't most men just LOVE to spend there weekends looking a such things???

Creative Junkie said...

Oooooooooooh, I just love it! I always wanted a pink bedroom when I was little, but my mother was anti-pink.

She's going to love it, Heather!

Debbie said...

It is nice that you are making it just right for her!

feefifoto said...

Wow! It looks good enough to eat. It's remarkable how big a difference you can make by replacing crummy wallpaper with a bright, cheerful color. My daughter's room is lavender and dill pickle green (really) with white accents, and I love lying on her bed and just looking around. Everyone should have such an appealing bedroom.

Anonymous said...

You are the only person who can crack me up with home renovation stories besides those two English women who brave disgusting homes and teach the filthy occupants to clean on various networks: Kim and Aggie.

You need a show. You really do. Also? AWESOME to Kiddo on the pink safari choice for Kiddo's room.

Cristin said...

Love the pink! I'm itching to redecorate Dottie's room and get my pink on....

Christy said...

While you are at the curtain store, grab an extra set for the closet. Put the doors on the curb. Viola! No more doors!