Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Freakout: In which Heather has entirely lost her shizzle

Have you seen my shizzle anywhere? Because I've lost it. Now, I thought I had lost it yesterday, after being forced into playing Let's Kick Up Some Major Drama For No Reason Other Than I Feel Like It with a member of my family that ended with me hanging up the phone on the Drama-Producer (though not until I said, as calmly as I could, "I am getting very upset and cannot talk to you any more right now. Goodbye.") and said family member is now Shunning Me With a Stony Silence, by all accounts and appearances. Yee-ha. Yep, thought that was where I waved goodbye to my shizzle as it packed up its belongings in a little red bandanna, tied it to the end of a stick and went whistling off up the road out of our subdivision for Parts Unknown.

Nope. Turns out I still had some last shards of shizzle left. And I've lost them today. It seems that the simple and easy transition we were going to have for Kiddo's services in her new school? Not going to be that simple and easy. Also, the evaluation the school psychologist was supposed to do at her old school sometime between January and June? The one that she just never quite got around to doing? (Kiddo's triennial review, for those of you In The Know about the world of Special Ed.) The one that I specifically made a point of asking the head of SpEd in our new district about whether I needed to push to have done and she told me no, it wouldn't be necessary? Well, it might be necessary after all. The entire "classification, qualification and determination of services" wheel, it might need reinventing. I'd had such faith and confidence in what I'd initially been told, way back in mid-May when we were only 2 days into living at our new house and I'd started making phone calls to the Big Cheeses here in the new school district. Silly, misplaced optimism. Now, it seems that we are facing a a whole new set of hurdles, albeit it lovely, freshly painted ones as befitting our posh, new district.

So, there you have it. Shizzle fully lost with no GPS system able to track it. And, in my current shizzle-lost state, I also still have the fun of Will Kiddo Need Eye Surgery? and its partner Will the Insurance Company Pay for Vision Therapy in Lieu of Surgery? to tango with. It takes two to tango, and that is two plus one, so I don't know how that will work. I mean, I've never been Ginger Rogers... Maybe I can convince them to do a line dance instead. I'm a Chicken Dancing ace, and also quite good at the Macarena, and Kiddo's now taught me the Tooty Ta, as she has learned in summer camp........

....and some late-breaking news from Hubby. This just in: as his current company was bought out a few months ago, he has just learned that our health insurance will be transitioning from what we have now to the new company's insurance carrier instead. We'll learn the pertinent deets in September and coverage would switch (if it has to) come January. So, all the fighting with the insurance company over coverage of potential vision therapy? Could be moot. Could be a wheel that will need reinventing and a tango that will need to be redanced after the first of the year.

So, I've lost it. Freaking out. Freaking out and PMSing and I can't take one, tiny, little additional thing. No thank you.

I think I'll move to Australia. Or just bury myself at the bottom of a jumbo bag of Cheez Doodles, with a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the other hand.

Le sigh.

/whinging, ranting, raving, yelling, screaming, crying

8 comments:

Andy said...

I have no idea what "shizzle" means, but I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the school again!!!

Creative Junkie said...

Oh Heather - I'm so sorry. Totally sucks - why the hell does it have to be so damn hard to be an advocate for our children?

Anonymous said...

Just remember, people lose their shizzle, even in Australia!

Ronnica said...

Ugh...sounds like all the patience-busting forces teamed up to befuddle you...hang in there! I hope this weekend is relaxing and stress-free!

Teresa said...

Apparently, my friend, your shizzle took mine with it when it left. my son, whose behavior is currently resembling a steaming piece of turd, has been screaming and throwing a tantrum for the last hour and half because he "wants to make poo poo." but he has no poop to make. We tried for 45 minutes. there's just none there. bedtime was an hour and half ago. he's still screaming and crying. We've been back to the potty for another 15 minutes of trying. nothing. except more tantrum. I effing hate today. I am so done. (sorry for getting my /rant all over your /rant. i'll stop now.)

Debbie said...

And I recommend Doritos. They have gotten me through a lot.

Paige said...

And NOW--just NOW--you got a feeling of what it is like to be me. Unlike me though--you will whip this. I on the other hand will keep drinking and taking naps and forgetting what I was supposed to do

Givinya De Elba said...

Sorry you've lost your shizzle. I have asked Australia, and they haven't found your shizzle anywhere over here. If you moved, you'd have to do it shizzleless.

Australia's own shizzle is currently MIA due to the bomb blasts in Jakarta, swine flu which is starting to kill more people, some "expert" claiming that it is time for schools to start teaching teenagers about the pleasure they can get from sex, and the sad loss of Queensland to NSW in Wednesday's State of Origin game.