Thursday, January 22, 2009

In lieu of...

Okay, I'm in a foul mood today, as evidenced by my previous post. I'm on my way to the gym right now to pound out some frustration on the elliptical machine instead of curling up on the couch with the brand-new bag of Cheez Doodles that is calling to me from atop the fridge. But, that doesn't help you out any, does it? I'm probably driving away the few readers I have left with the neverending railing against the injustices of the school district, special ed office and world in general. In case that's the situation (and really, I don't want to read my own whining at this point myself, so why the heck would anyone else? *le sigh*), I wanted to point you towards a few of my favorite bloggers, all of whom are wittier, funnier and generally better writers than me:

Andy of the creative junkie
Anna Lefler of Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder
NikkiCrumpet of Blah, Blah, Blah, blog
Margaret of Nanny Goats in Panties

HappyHourSue of Happy Meals and Happy Hour

On any given day, even those days on which I think my own blog post isn't half bad, theirs are invariably better. At the risk of driving my loyal few readers away forever, go check them out. But please do come back, I promise my current funk won't last long. Okay? I'm just a bit stressed over the neverending battle to get Kiddo the support she needs so she can continue to succeed at school. And also over the neverending battle to keep the cat from gacking up hairballs all over the carpet. And also over the neverending battle to get my hair into some semblance of a style, dang that perpetual growing-out stage! (I'm pondering a perm again, that's how bad it has gotten. Seriously, I daydream about either perming it or just giving up and cutting it all off again. Noooooooooooo!)

Okay, so, in lieu of any remote entertainment or brilliance over here right now, please go check out the women I wish I were more like (well, maybe not Anna's mustache. I have enough problems keeping my own bleached and mostly invisible) and then pop back here again for my next post. I promise it will be more cheerful and witty, 'kay?

12 comments:

Ash said...

Did you at least enjoy "Lost?"

Hope the elliptical helps!!

Unknown said...

aw, everyone's entitled to have a good gripe now and then and school districts and special ed can be such pains in the neck - i had a few struggles of my own to get help for a couple of my kids. im sure you WILL make it through and i cant imagine people would stop reading cause you're going through a hard time!!!! when you have a chance, please come check out my giveaway - you mgiht win and a basket of cool stuff to get through winter might make you feel a bit better!!! :)

Debbie said...

Let's meet for a nice cheerful glass of wine. Wouldn't that be great?

nikkicrumpet said...

Well aren't you just so very nice! And boy am I out of my league in that group. Those ladies are awesome..and I love their blogs. But I feel totally unworthy to be in their company. But thank you so much for the linky love!

Givinya De Elba said...

You can go ahead and gripe, don't feel you have to be cheery until you can.

Anonymous said...

Aww, sweetie.

Listen, I think you ROCK as a blogstress, but you already know I think you are one of the cleverest writers around.

It's hard to find good caregivers, especially for a specific, detailed position where Kiddo is depending on the support person to be on their game in order for her to have a successful day. It's natural to be disappointed when a good one leaves. And part of the reason for blogging is to vent away and let off some steam!

I hope you're feeling better and that a wonderful person for Kiddo's needs shows up SOON.

Mammatalk said...

I love your writing! Thanks for the bloggy love yesterday and today! :-> Always love your well thought out comments. Does that make sense? Well thought out? Hmmm...

just the five of us said...

How was the gym? You are much stronger than me. I am a runner (well somedays) and lately I just cannot get motivated to run mile 3 miles! I think that I would have eaten the chips:)

ps I love reading your blogs! You are so funny and honest! I think we would be great friends if we didn't live states and states away and only knew each other through the blogging community:)

Rachel Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I feel so loved and overwhelmed with all the comments! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond back!

Ya know, it is ok to vent...that's what blogs fun and interesting...lets us get to know you better!

Marshmallow Circus said...

Your gripe is understandable! Keep on with advocating for your child. I wish you the best of luck. :)

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
I enjoyed reading.
Thanks

I am Harriet said...

I hear ya.
I enjoyed reading your post.