Okay, sorry for the delay - my allergies were kicking my butt last night so I took some benadryl and promptly went all fuzzy-brained and yawny. I opted for bed instead of blogging.
Without further ado, here are my Six Random Things per Carrie's tag:
1) I talk to myself. Aloud. A lot. Even in public. (When the kiddo is with me at least I look slightly less crazy - it looks like I'm talking to her and not just myself...)
2) My dream retirement scenario involves moving somewhere hot and dry, like maybe Las Vegas. If we did retire to Vegas, I'd want a retirement job working in a piano bar - one of those sing-along places. I think that would be really, really fun. (This would require a very early retirement, as those types of places don't exactly hire the over-60 crowd...)
3) I asked my husband out on our first official date. A week after we met, I called him and asked him if he wanted to go see The Last of the Mohicans, which was opening that weekend. We went to Pizzeria Uno for dinner, saw the movie, then went to Friendly's for dessert. (I didn't just randomly call him; I'd heard from various mutual friends that he'd been asking about me and seemed interested... I'm not that brave or bold!)
4) I bite my nails - have my entire life. I have stopped biting my nails several times, but never for good. Horrible habit and I hate it, but I still do it.
5) Sunkist soda makes me burp excessively. (As children, my sisters and I called Sunkist "Burpkist" instead. Ah, the rapier wit of the under-10 set...) Side note: if you click on that link, you'll discover just as I did that no amount of "hip" marketing can make certain products cool, I'm laughing my head off at the official Sunkist site now!
6) I can't kill anything that is big enough to have visible guts upon its demise. Fruit flies and gnats, no problem, but anything larger, no way. If I must kill a bug (like because the kiddo is flipping out for example), I use a ginormous wad of tissue or toilet paper and then the back-up flushing-down-the-toilet and/or disposing of outside method.
I'm gonna be bad right now and not tag anyone specific, mostly because I'm running late right now. I'm off to take the kiddo to her last day of farm school, then I'll be back to do a Friday Five!