Friday, April 4, 2008

Germtastic

Bleargh. The kiddo and I both brewed up a nice, steaming batch of germs overnight, and have full-blown colds this morning. I swallowed some ibuprofen around 4am and am still running a fever even with the drugs in my system, and the kiddo's got herself a low grade fever and stuffed up head. The ibuprofen is also not doing much to get rid of my pounding headache or to relieve the "on fire" feeling going on in my throat. *whine, moan, whine* So, no school or after-school playdate for her today, and not much of anything for me, either, beyond huddling up underneath several blankets and moaning. Since we're both stuffed up, I'm going to start up what I like to call the Mentholated Rainforest, wherein I get the humidifier cranked up to 11 and Vicks-ified, along with running hot, steamy showers and hanging out in the bathroom. Yep, it's definitely a Mentholated Rainforest-and-several-cups-of-tea kind of day. The kiddo doesn't mind such days because the TV time rules go out when the window when she's sick, and she gets to watch a lot more than normal, which also aids Mommy in being able to sleep - thank heavens for the commercial-free, children's programming channels! I *heart* our digital cable on days like these! At least it is rainy and dreary out so we won't feel like we're missing much by staying indoors in our jammies...

2 comments:

Andy said...

Yuckie!! What a sucky way to start the weekend.

I hope you both feel better and the DH takes extra good care of you!

Trash said...

Ahhh, that bites. I hope you both get over it super-duper fast.