Saturday, April 5, 2008

Germtastic update... pity party commencing now

Just got back from the doctor. Well, the pharmacy after the doctor. Turns out I have a sinus infection and also, possibly, the flu. That's the bad news. The worse news? The doc thinks that what I have is viral, not bacterial, in origin, so no antibiotics for me. I did get a prescription for a nasal/sinus steroid, which should be fun, based on the administering instructions the NP gave me when she brought in the scrip. I'm supposed to use that, Muccinex, alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol, nasal saline spray (no neti pots in this face, thankyouverymuch), liquids and rest. Pity party commencing now - it is a gorgeous day out and supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. Waaaaah!!

3 comments:

Andy said...

OH Heather!!! BAD BAD GERMIES! Leave my friend alone!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't knock the netti pot until you try it!

Nora Hampton said...

Hey Heather, you have been sick like...forever!! Get well. And p.s. I LOVE my neti pot. gotta try it before ya knock it!