Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

First of all, I want to wish a very happy Father's Day to all the fathers and grandfathers out there!

Secondly, an illustrated recap of our Father's Day so far....

Kiddo woke up before 7am, so I whisked her downstairs to the family room so Hubby could sleep in for a change. We watched Labyrinth, which is a movie I haven't seen in decades but apparently still know by heart, as I could (and did) recite dialogue and sing the songs right along with the DVD. I *did* own the soundtrack - on vinyl no less - back in my younger days, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. My short-term memory may be shot these days, but my long-term memory is still fully intact, full of obscure things like David Bowie soundtrack lyrics from the 80s.......



Once Hubby woke up, we gave him his Father's Day presents, which included things Kiddo had made for him at school, a tie (because, come on, it's Father's Day - you have to give Daddy a tie, right?) and the new Ghostbusters game for the Wii. Hubby and Kiddo started busting ghosts in short order, with a break to eat a breakfast including bagels I picked up last night at the store. I had been hoping to get Hubby some of the apple fritters he loves but alas, they were long gone by 7pm.



Then, after lunch, I went upstairs to take a quick nap. (Hubby and I moved all of our stuff - remember our stuff?



- out of the storage unit yesterday. In the pouring down, raining hippos and elephants rain. We should've rented one of these:



instead of one of these:



Anyhow, besides the few boxes and odds and ends I still need to unload from the minivan, everything is IN our house. Not *unpacked* necessarily, but *moved in* at least. Woo-hoo! So, Hubby took a 2 hourish nap yesterday after unloading the U-Haul into our garage, and I was still tired from yesterday so I decided I'd nap today!)

As soon as I got comfortable, Kiddo decided to join me for a snuggle. Typically, when Kiddo wants to snuggle during an attempted nap, no one gets any sleep. It becomes a chat, followed by some serious squirming, more chatting and then giving up. Not today...



So yeah, Hubby is the only one in the house who did NOT nap on Father's Day. Next up, some steaks on the grill along with corn on the cob, asparagus and salt potatoes for dinner. Mmmm. The sun has finally come out after days of crazy rain, so perhaps a walk around the neighborhood, too.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

4 comments:

Ash said...

A nap does sound delicious. The in-laws just left.

Peace and quiet. Ahhhh.

Enjoy dinner!!

Givinya De Elba said...

Happy Fathers Day to Mister Nobodybutyourself!

The nap looks great. Wish I was napping.

Hmmmm.

Creative Junkie said...

Love the photo of your tuft of hair peeking out from under the covers!

We had a very nice Father's Day as well - any day that I do not have to cook is an awesome day, I admit.

I tinkered with the idea of writing a comment that would rival the books your leave at my blog, but I am just not clever enough! You are the master of comments, Heather. I bow to your greatness.

LMAlphonse said...

Little tousled heads asleep on big pillows make me all warm-n-fuzzy...